MIGRATION OF E-MAILS DATE OF MIGRATION TO MICROSOFT OUTLOOK: 22. 8. - 23. 8. 2020
Dear colleagues, docents and students,
We would like to inform you about the exact date of migration to Microsoft Outlook, which is scheduled for the weekend of 22. 8. – 23. 8. 2020. Starting Friday evening 21. 8. 2020 e-mails will be no longer received in GroupWise (for students Roundcube). Instead they will start coming to Outlooku as planned. During the weekend the migration to Outlook itself will begin. Therefore it can happen that some e-mail services will not be working. From Monday 24. 8. 2020 we will dus start using Microsoft Outlook instead of GroupWise/Roundcube.
WHAT WILL CHANGE FROM MONDAY 24. 8. 2020?
- All your e-mails will be transferred from GroupWise (for students Roundcube) into new e-mail environment which you can acces via e-mail client Microsoft Outlook or via web interface on website mail.amu.cz.
- You will receive all new incoming e-mails in Outlooku and no longer in GroupWise (for students Roundcube).
- You will still be able to log in to GroupWise (for students Roundcube) for some time after the migration so that you can check if all your e-mails have been transferred into Outlooku and to make sure nothing is missing.
- If you an employee and you had mail forwarding set up to your private e-mail in GroupWise, this setup will not be automatically transferred and you will need to set it up again. For students e-mail forwarding setup will be transferred to Outlook. We would like to ask students to check this setup.
- You will log in to Outlook using your AMU network credentials, which you already use to log in to your work computer, to KOS or to Intranet. Please make sure that you know these credentials so that you will be able to log in to Outlook without problems. You can check it by trying to log in to Intranet. Open the AMU website, on the top right click on "Login", choose "Intranet" and enter your credentials for AMU network. If you forgot your credentials or you do not have any please contact your local administrator.
INSTRUCTIONS AND SUPPORT
- For more useful instructions and tips on how to work with Microsoft Outlook you can visit the website migrace.amu.cz or navody.amu.cz.
- Here you can find basic picture guides as well as useful links and short videos.
- On Monday 24.8.2020 a workshop will take place. There you can try Microsoft Outlook for yourself and we can also answer your questions realated to Microsoft Outlooku in person. The workshop will tak place at the AMU Rector’s building (Malostranské náměstí 12) at the second floor in the classroom number 2024 from 9:00 to 16:00. During this time you can come freely and we can personally discuss your questions.
- In case you have more questions or in case of problems there is on-line support available for you on the website helpdesk.amu.cz. Please do not hesitate to use it.
Thank you for your cooperation!
email@example.com, +420 234 244 508
17. August 2020