The Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (“AMU”) is a public university under Act No. 111/1998 on tertiary education (the “University Act”). It pursues activities entrusted to it by the University Act on the regional, national and international levels, i.e., primarily education in art; scholarly, research and development activity; artistic activity; and other creative activity.
Basic principles for the processing of personal data
1. In addition to the above, AMU also pursues other activities of public interest that contribute to the development of society.
2. In all of the above activities, AMU abides by all democratic values, including the protection of individual privacy.
3. Since Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) takes effect on 25 May 2018 , AMU considers it imperative to notify its students, employees and other persons in a comprehensible and concise manner on how it will approach the observance of the duties in the field of personal data protection .
4. Should you have any questions, suggestions or comments with regard to the protection of personal data, you can contact the data protection officer via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic principles for processing of personal data
5. In processing personal data, AMU proceeds in accordance with legislation (both European and national), correctly and transparently , and only with a view to observing the duties entrusted to it by law and other activities arising from its position as a public university.
6. AMU requests consent to the processing of personal data, which has to be given freely, specifically, for a specific purpose , and based on information on what the purpose of the consent is, only when necessary . No one shall be forced to give consent; consent is to be given voluntarily.
7. Where processing is based on consent, the consent may be withdrawn at any time. Consent is to be withdrawn always in the manner specified in the notice provided when giving consent .
Identification data of the controller and of the data protection officer
8. Personal data controller is the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, Malostranské náměstí 259/12, 118 00 Praha 1, ČR, https://www.amu.cz/ .
9. A personal data protection officer, who you may contact via e mail at email@example.com , oversees the proper execution of activities in personal data protection.
Purpose and legal basis of processing personal data
10. AMU processes personal data for the purposes of :
a) Implementation of degree (accredited) study programmes;
b) Implementation of lifelong education programmes;
c) Associate professorship and professorship appointment procedures;
d) Procedures for the recognition of international education and qualification;
e) Admission procedures;
f) Ensuring equal access to studies;
g) Research, development and innovation; artistic and other creative activity;
h) Additional activities;
i) Working with graduates;
j) Promotion of AMU;
k) Ensuring security of persons and property;
l) Ancillary (administrative) activities with regard to activities listed sub a) to k).
11. The legal basis for processing personal data is the observance of obligations arising from the law, contractual performance, justified interests of the controller, protection of vital interests of the data subject, completing tasks of a public authority , or a consent provided for such purpose.
Categories of personal data processed
12. For the purposes specified above, AMU processes the following categories of personal data:
a) Basic identification data – first name, surname, surname at birth, place and date of birth, personal number, identification document numbers, and identifiers within the information systems used;
b) Contact information – telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses;
c) Descriptive information – age, gender, citizenship, nationality, marital status, photographs, health insurance company;
d) Information related to studies – identification of the Faculty and programme, academic results, identification of previous studies;
e) Information related to employment – job description, other current employers, trade union membership, deductions from the pay, family members’ personal data;
f) Financial information – bank account numbers, information on receiving pensions or parental allowances;
g) information related to health – employment-related medical assessments, state of health documents for persons with specific study requirements;
h) Operating and location data – information from chip card sensors, IP addresses;
i) Information on data subject’s activities – publications, expert profile;
j) Other information, if any.
Personal data sources
13. AMU obtains personal data directly from data subjects.
Personal data recipients
14. AMU provides access to your personal data to other persons only where such persons are AMU’s partners in education, research and development, artistic or other creative activity, and ancillary activities, or provide AMU services ensuring the proper operation of the university (maintenance and management of information systems). Personal data is only provided to such other persons if AMU enters into an agreement on processing personal data with them, so that they are bound by the same obligations in relation to personal data as the university itself.
Period of processing personal data
15. AMU processes personal data only during the term of the legal relationship with AMU and for the necessary period after its expiry for tracking, control, statistical , and archival purposes and for the purposes of scientific and historical research . Once the defined period expires, personal data shall be erased. This does not apply for the processing of personal data for purposes that do not require consent.
Rights involved in processing personal data
16. In relation to personal data subject to processing, you can exercise the following rights at AMU:
a) Right of access to personal data – you have the right to ask AMU for confirmation of whether it processes personal data and, if so, what is the purpose of processing, the categories of personal data involved, the recipient or the categories of recipients of personal data, information on forwarding personal data to third countries, the term of storing personal data; the right to lodge a complaint with the Office for the Protection of Personal Information; information on the source of personal data; and information on whether the data is processed or profiled automatically;
b) Right to rectification – the rectification of inaccurate of incomplete personal data;
c) Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) – this applies to the controller’s obligation of erasing personal data processed; this right does not apply in all cases, for there are situations where AMU must process personal data for the sake of due delivery of its tasks (statutory obligations);
d) Right to restriction of processing – this can be exercised when you do not want AMU to process personal data for purposes other than strictly statutory ones;
e) Right to data portability – you may ask that AMU forwards personal data to a controller of your choice except where statutory obstacles prevent it from doing so;
f) Right to object and automated individual decision-making – you may raise this objection if you believe that AMU is processing personal data without authorisation; it is possible to object directly to automated decision-making and profiling;
g) Right to lodge a complaint with the Office for the Protection of Personal Information – you may approach the Office for the Protection of Personal Information, Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7, website: https://www.uoou.cz with a request, suggestion or complaint at any time.
17. If you exercise any right in relation to personal data processed, we will notify you about processing your request no later than one month from the day of delivery of your request. We are authorised to extend this period by two months with regard to the complexity and quantity of requests processed .
18. The point of contact for exercising your rights is the personal data officer, to be contacted either via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via a data box (ID: ikwj9fx) or in writing, to be sent to AMU’s mailing address.
19. The exercise of rights is free of charge . AMU may request a charge for processing requests only where the request is manifestly unjustified or inadequate , because the same request is repeated.
Academy of performing arts in Prague
Malostranské náměstí 259/12
118 00 Praha 1
Registered number: 61384984
VAT number: CZ61384984
Data box ID: ikwj9fx