within the scope of the “Improving the Quality of Grant Schemes at AMU” project
to distribute targeted support in the amount of CZK 918,390 in order to develop AMU doctoral students’ expertise in designing and implementing artistic and scientific research projects, to develop doctoral students’ non-specific academic skills in research methodology and strategy, to develop doctoral students’ scholarly language competencies, and to support their mobility abroad.
The rules of the EXCELLENT grant competition are governed by Decree of the Rector No. 5/2021 and by Ministry of Education rules relating to the implementation of projects stipulated in the general and specific parts of the Rules for Applicants and Recipients.
1) The EXCELLENT grant competition is intended for all active AMU doctoral students, whether registered for full-time or part-time studies, even if they have exceeded the standard duration of studies.
2) The principal investigator shall submit the project proposal in English (using a form availablezfo here / web here) in both electronic and printed versions. The printed version must be signed by the principal investigator, by all co-investigators and by the mentor; it must be submitted to the AMU Mail Room during opening hours by 14 February 2022.
3) In the project proposal, the applicant shall specify the name of the project mentor, who for the duration of the project shall provide methodological and specialist support, and shall help with planning the individual steps. The principal investigator must have reserved work capacity for the project in the amount of 0.5 FTE.
4) An essential part of each EXCELLENT project is a specification of the educational or research activities to be completed abroad. The project may also include various research, pedagogical or networking activities, the outputs of which can be used as source documents for the dissertations of team members. The project topic must not be identical to any of dissertation topics.
5) In this second call for submissions, support shall be provided to individual and team projects of 6 to 12 months in duration with implementation to begin on 1 May 2022. The applicant shall be required to stipulate the project duration in whole months, i.e. the project implementation must always begin on the first day of a calendar month and always end on the last day of a calendar month.
6) Competition timeline:
17 January 2022 announcement of the competition (3rd call)
21 January 2022 Grant Writing course for applicants
14 February 2022 application deadline
during February - Mach 2022 applications will be checked for fulfilment of formal requirements and then evaluated by two independent evaluators
5 April 2022 session of the school-wide evaluation committee
publication of the results of the grant proceeding no later than on 13 April 2022
subsequently, grants will be awarded by the Rector of AMU and agreements will be concluded with successful applicants