The deadline for submitting theses is stipulated by the Dean of the faculty in the faculty academic calendar. The deadline for submitting Bachelor’s and Master’s theses must be at least one month prior to the date of the oral defence. In the case of doctoral dissertations, the time interval between the submission and the oral defence of the dissertation must be at least two months and at most six months.
1) Your thesis (form) must have the status “Approved” (“Schválený”). If your thesis still has the status “Proposal” (“Návrh”), then the option to upload your thesis in PDF format is unavailable. The approval of your thesis is handled by the department.
2) You must register in the KOS academic information system for one of the state final examination dates.
3) You must upload the complete text of your written thesis in ONE file in PDF format (without password protection or other program/software security instruments) to the KOS academic information system. The contents must be completely identical to those of the printed version.
4) In the KOS academic information system, fill in all information about all parts of your thesis, i.e. separately about the written and separately about the practical or artistic part. These are as follows:
5) After you fill in the form and upload the thesis, lock the form and click the button to confirm submission of the thesis. Should you need to correct any information subsequently, you will have to request that the department make the form accessible again. Instructions and contextual help are available in the KOS system.
6) The moment of submission is the date on which the thesis is uploaded to the information system, the prescribed information is filled in pursuant to the previous paragraph, and the student’s confirmation is provided by means of the “Confirm submission” (“Potvrdit odevzdání”) button.
7) If required by the faculty, submit at most one printed and bound exemplar of the written part of the thesis to the department or to the Department of Academic Affairs (Studijní oddělění). The exemplar should be prepared according to the prescribed internal and external requirements (instructions and samples are available on the AMU faculty websites).
If, after you have completed your thesis, submitted it in KOS, and possibly also had it printed and bound, you discover that it contains an error(s), prepare a page containing a correction of the error(s) and label it “Errata”.
It should be written on a separate sheet of paper, which is labelled “Corrections” or “Errata”, and is inserted into the volume. It should clearly define each error, its location in the original text, and its correction.
You can submit errata to the faculty in printed and/or electronic form no later than 15 days following the date of the oral defence.
Academy of performing arts in Prague
Malostranské náměstí 259/12
118 00 Praha 1
Registered number: 61384984
VAT number: CZ61384984
Data box ID: ikwj9fx